Sunday, February 03, 2013

Hazy Shade of Winter




Leaves are brown now, there's a patch of snow on the ground... I like this Simon and Garfunkel song.



Regular readers know that Sundays are my start over days.  It's the first day of the week and for me, it seems like Sunday is the day to get my house in order, well not really the house, but more like my state of mind.  Most Sundays, I finish up some laundry, but the rest of the day (at least on these Hazy Shade of Winter Sundays), I hole up in  my comfy chair with either some HGTV on or catching up on Knitting podcasts and my knitting.  I love Sundays even though it means tomorrow it is back to work.  I am trying really hard to work on one or two projects this week so I can have some closure on some things.


 Eadon is one of them.  I want to get this back finished today, so I can see what it looks like after blocking.  I went down a size on it and down a needle size.  I am hoping that blocking will open the rib up a bit.  If that works, then I will feel comfortable casting on the fronts.  


Today, after noon, I am going to be watching House Hunters on HGTV.  It is some good knitting t.v.
 I don't watch the Super Bowl, but rather tonight I'll video chat with the Single Handed Knitter's Ravelry Group and then watch Downton Abbey while working on my hat by the same name.  I am hoping to have it done shortly and that it will fit, so I can wear it a bit this Winter yet.

There are a whole lot of projects swimming in my head, but for today, I have two to concentrate on.

Tomorrow will bring thoughts of Spring, which according to the local ground hog is just around the corner!


No comments: