Monday, February 18, 2013

Just A Little Shoppin

I don't know what happened, I must have fell off of the wagon.  I was just going downtown to the Fiber Universe to see if they had a nice yarn for a quick scarf.  All of a sudden, I was seeing things that I had to have. 


 I've been eyeballing this Knitted Gifts book for a bit.  Then Kristen was doing her love things last week and showed a sweater that was from the book and well you know the rest is history.


I have seen this book on a blog and video cast here and there.  I know that I can search just about any cast on or bind off that I may ever need on the internet, but sometimes I just like the feel of a book.
It has the twisted german cast on in it so I figured what the heck.


This is what I really went down for.  Some yarn for a scarf that is soft and squishy and a good color.  This is for someone I work with.  She knows I am a Snoopy fanatic and every time she sees something snoopy related on sale, she buys it for me.  I felt like I needed to do something special for her.  

Now, I realize, or at least I hope that Spring is coming soon (you wouldn't know it by the forecast for later this week), but I figure if I hurry I could get this done before the snow gets here on Thursday.


I am knitting the Yarn Harlot's one row scarf pattern.  The combo of the yarn and the stitch pattern is making this one soft scarf.


While downtown, I thought I might find an alternative yarn for the Single Handed Knits Mystery KAL that I am doing.  So between Erin and I, we decided on this Ultra Pima.  Only problem is, Mel doesn't suggest cotton for this sweater, something I failed to remember until I was home with it.

But, I am okay with that!  I already have plans for this one.  I think it will be lovely for my Wisdom cardigan.

But, I absolutely cannot cast on for it until I get a few things done...like Mona Lisa's Ensemble.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the one row scarf. I made one and them immediately made another last year.