Saturday, January 25, 2014

50 Pages

There are 50 pages of cardigans on Ravelry that use Madelinetosh Merino Light.


And I have spent days and nights trying to figure out what to do with mine.  I've swatched in stockinette and a bit of pattern.


I had an idea when I first bought it as to what I wanted it to be. Breezy by Hannah Fettig.


 But, there just isn't enough of what I have to do it in my size.  I have searched and Jimmy Beans has some but I just don't want to risk it being a huge difference because I am not doing the whole switching ball thing.

Earlier this week, when I decided that I could not do Breezy, I came across this look that I thought would be great for my Tosh.


But, then I got to thinking that maybe this yarn needed a bit more of a look.  Maybe some patterning, or just something besides a plain stockinette knit, which as the ladies at the knit shop reminded me today, that I could add a little cable to this to add to it a bit.

After a few hours today of deliberating and researching, and thinking I might have missed just the right sweater, I went to Pinterest and came back with some ideas.  Not ones that I want to duplicate, but ones that caught my eye.



What I came up with is that all of the ones I really love, are pretty simple designs.  Throw them on with a print or a nice white t or tank or long sleeve top and go.  This is going to make a really nice early Spring sweater to work on in a few weeks.

And now that I have put that one to bed, I can go back to my regular knitting.  I'm glad that one is settled….for now.

No comments: