Sunday, January 26, 2014

My New Best Blocking Place

I've been blocking on the dining room table, but sometimes that impedes eating from it for days.


Last week, I had to move it to the yarn room's floor and I have to say it wasn't all bad. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so I have starting layering my blocking station up there for some more blocking  this weekend.

First, I am starting with my foam puzzle pieces that I bought about 12 of them at Menards.  They doubled as a cushy place for Miss Mona Lisa to crawl around on before she started walking.


Many years ago when Threadbear FiberArts was in business,  bought a blocking set from them that included everything you needed to make your own blocking board.  I never did assemble it, but rather used all of the pieces on the dining room table.  I hauled it all out again and it makes a nice blocking space on the floor on top of the puzzle pieces.

First, the piece of fleece.  This is about an 1/8 to 3/8" thick.


Then, a pretty heavy duty piece of linen.  I could of put it down but, I thought putting it on top of the fleece might protect the fleece a bit.


And finally, the gridded piece of heavy duty muslin.  This is going to make it so easy when blocked pieces need to be laid out.


This is my new best blocking place, even if I do have to get all the way down on the floor to do it.


No comments: