Saturday, January 04, 2014

Waiting for the Storm

The next 72 hours are going to be dicey here in Central IL.  We know we are going to get some snow, but how much is a crap shoot right now.  Could be 6 inches, could be on the higher side of 8 inches.


What is for sure is that after the snow in the next 24 hours, is going to come the bone chilling cold... And it is back to work for me on Monday.  The Tall Guy and I will probably ride together on at least Monday as sometimes, the roads to my work are not all that great when we get a major snow.


This is my  mouse life the next few days.  The pain in my elbow has gotten worse, not better and I am fairly certain, it is going to require a visit to the doctor.  At the moment, I am trying to nurse it along so I can at least use the mouse when I get back to work next week.  


While waiting for the storm to come, (just started about an hour ago),
I did have some success today with my circular cast on.  I stepped it up a bit with a little heavier yarn and a you tube tutorial that was quite helpful.  Circular Cast On  I then tried it on the silk yarn which wasn't too terribly bad after about four tries.  BUTTTTTTTT - oy, knitting in the round with DPNs was a bit frustrating.  It was a great exercise.


But, for now, the yarn is back in the shawl yarn bag for later.  I think it may make the cut as a wrap later this Spring.  If it ever comes.

No comments: