A couple of items that needed some blocking were my Cusco and the Noelle Capelet. They both didn't need full out blocking, they just needed their garter edges blocked so they won't flip up. I am trying a new technique with both of them and unpacked a steamer that I have had forever.
It has a really long cord so I could shoot some steam all the way around the capelet. I let it sit over night to make sure it was good and dry.
I am pretty pleased with the turnout on it.
And when I went outside to take a picture with it on, I was surprised at how warm it was over a turtle neck. At 37 degrees and some wonderful sun, I could have went without a coat to run to the store or errands. I really like it out of Cascade Pastaza. I wasn't sure when I was knitting it, but it sure is making the grade for grab and go.
When it turned out so well, I thought what the heck, I might as well try it on the Cusco. I didn't want to block the entire Cusco because I like the way the fabric is right now, but I do want to try and tame the wild edge, so I basically did the same thing with my steamer. This little steamer sure does put out some good steam.
At first look, it seems to be doing pretty good on the edge, and the colors of Wistful from Briar Rose, I am loving this one as well. I have a feeling that I will be wearing this one lots.
I have finished another Heavenly Heathers Blanket. I really like this pattern as I have blogged about before. It's a quick knit and substantial and a go to if you want to knit something for a new baby but don't want to invest a lot of time in it. This one is being blocked the good ole fashion way, by dipping in some lukewarm water with a bit of soap. It will take a couple of days to dry on the yarn room floor as it doesn't get very much sun in there.
It has been a productive weekend on the blocking front this weekend. And with it being a three day weekend for me, who knows, maybe I'll haul out another something to be blocked before it is over.