Thursday, February 26, 2015

Knitting for a Three Hour Tour

Why is it that the day before we are ready to take off on our annual knitting trip that the skies seem to think they can open up and dump this white crap on us again?  Why does it have to look like we might have weather when we are supposed to come back?  Can we just get a break?  Ok, well last year it was warmer, and we were walking around in sweatshirts this time of the year, but other years we've had the same thing.  It makes it hard for me to figure out what to take to wear.


Or what knitting to take.  After all, we'll be gone for 2 1/2 days.  And I never have been a light packer.


This afternoon I sat down to figure out what I should take with me and they are slowly making their way into my small knitting bag.  


 Those pesky mittens.  Nope, I did not get them finished so they are going with.  Wouldn't it be lovely if I came home with them on my hands?


The watermelon socks.  Wouldn't it be lovely if I had a whole pair at the end of the weekend?


The belt to my Kodiak sweater.  Wouldn't it be nice if the Chiagoo needles this is on are back with the set by the end of the weekend?


The jury is still out on these two.  On the left is a lap blanket for the Hospice Home, on the right is the Kimono Shawl which requires following a pattern.  I'm not sure if I am up to that one this weekend.
I'll see how much room is left in my bag, when I get my other projects in it. (or if I get one of the others off of the needles before tomorrow.)


 Not making the cut, is Gnarled Oak Cardigan.  It is pretty boring knitting right now, and it is staying home.

I think I've got enough to get me through, I'm off to pack my clothes, that should be a bit easier than the knitting was, one would think.

No comments: