Sunday, February 08, 2015

Winter Sundays

I love Sundays in the Winter.    I know I shouldn't because it means the next day is the start to the work week, but I love Sundays when there is no commitments, the laundry is done and well, the rest of the day is mine.

I am so lucky that the Tall Guy is the same way.  He does his little projects and I get to do whatever I want.  Mostly, mine is all around knitting.  I catch up on some video casts (blog to come about those later next week after we deal with podcasts), play around with some knitting, decide how to attack the whole lose 5 pounds thingy, and then settle into real knitting for the rest of the day.

First up today, was to re-cast on for the Building Blocks afghan.  The Fiber Universe in Peoria is doing a KAL on this afghan again this year.  Once a month on a Saturday, they are doing a free class on a new block.  I bought my yarn for this probably going on two years for a baby afghan as I recall.



 Not sure what the baby present ending up being, but this yarn has been patiently waiting.  I thought since Fiber Universe was doing a KAL and I follow their board, I might just as well cast on and try to do a block a month.  First, I gotta get caught up, after all, we are into February already.


Wool Peddler's Shawl is in it's final warming spot, already to go.


I was on a role today with the blocking.  After the Wool Peddler's Shawl was unpinned I blocked a little shoulder shawl for me.


The rest of this day, I've been listening to the podcast "Serial".  And knitting on the next prayer shawl.  I am so surprised as to the progress that I made on it today.  It very well be ready for the blocking table in the next couple of days.


We rounded the day out with FaceTime with Mona Lisa and her Daddy.  She is feeling better which makes a perfect end to this Sunday.

No comments: