Sunday, February 01, 2015

Out of The Bag

The little bag that sits next to my chair is empty of a project.


That means I spent the afternoon (after a nap) and all of this evening finishing a project that was in the bag.  The day started off like this.


By afternoon it looked like this (hence the nap).



And tonight, well, who knows what that will bring.  All I know is tomorrow, I gotta put the dang boots on, I hate wearing my snow boots and all the stuff that goes with.  Oh, sorry, we were talking about knitting weren't we?!

Finally finished, but not blocked is the Wool Peddler's Shawl for the Hospice Home.  It still needs to be blocked.  I'll try to give it it's bath tomorrow night and get it laid out.


The Wool Peddler's Shawl is from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls book.  I've made a couple of these and have yarn for a couple of variations of it for future projects.  I used the tab cast on for this one as I have done for other triangular shawls lately.


The start of the shawl is pretty mindless as it is some simple increases.  The lace at the bottom isn't too terribly bad, but I did have problems keeping it straight when I was in public.  Every once in a while I miss a yarn over.  But, I am super generous with my markers so it could easily be corrected.


There were a lot of stitches to bind off at the very end tonight, and I was ready for this one to be done.  Now comes the problem, whats next from the WIP column to concentrate on?  Off to see what catches my eye.

No comments: