Saturday, January 31, 2015

Socks and Needles

I wish I could report that both of my Watermelon Socks had been completed, but they are not.  That is why at the beginning of the year, I told myself 6-12 socks would be nice this year.  Only one is done at this posting, isn't too darn cute?!


I am continuing to work on the second one when I am not knitting on another project or two.  I have had a strong talk with myself that I cannot switch to another project until at least one of the three projects that I have currently surrounding me is done.  So far so good.  High five to myself!


I have this cool gadget that keeps my double points together while the socks are at rest in my bag.  But, somehow tonight, it got tangled up with the cast on yarn and the working yarn.  I could have saved myself a bit of grief by just weaving that cast on yarn in.  But did I , noooo.


I am knitting the Watermelon Socks on my Karbonz, size 1.5/2.50mm.  I am such a loose knitter that I have to go that far down to get the stitch that I want for my socks.  I picked these up in Janesville several years ago when we were on our yearly knitting trip.  I really quite like them.


Last Summer, I had Deb pick me up some Signature double points (the red Size 2 needle below) when she was at Stitches Midwest.  I knit a bit with them and discovered that they made my gauge a bit too loose for my socks through the arch.

So, I ordered a size 2.25mm/1 (the green needles) and originally started the Watermelon Socks with them.  I discovered they made my gauge a bit too tight.  I guess you could say I was having a bit of a Goldilocks moment with my needles.


You can see this one coming can't you?!  I went online last weekend and ordered the 2.50 mm needle.  I am loving these needles and the stiletto point on them.  And the service!  I had them in my hands by Wednesday.


Now, before you all go out and order Signature needles, be forewarned, they are very pricey!  Very!  I am thinking that is why they put them in this container with a very difficult stopper to get off.  You do not want to lose one, really you don't!


I now have all the Signature Needles I need desire.  

No comments: