Tuesday, January 20, 2015

All In!

You know I don't ever just go half way right?!  In for a penny, in for a pound. Thats why I a.) have so many projects on needles, b.) such a big stash c.) what I would call a super good library of knitting related books, d.) an even bigger assortment of patterns that I had to buy a file cabinet for e.) a vast amount of knitting needles and so many things I want to cast on that it would take a couple of life times to do them all!

And so it will not come to anyone's surprise that I currently have 4/5 prayer shawls on the needles.  I came to the realization though, last night, that if I don't commit to just one of them (or maybe two) that I will never complete one.  So, the Wool Peddler's Shawl it is.  This one, for some reason, this time around has really been giving me fits, but FINALLY,  I whipped it into shape last night, and I am well on my way with the lace section.  So much so, that I think I can do it in public now.



Of course, the color is a light version of my fave color.  I chose it for that reason and I know a lot of people who like this color too.  In my mind, I deducted if a lot of people like it then someone who may be in hospice may like it too and it might bring them some comfort to be wrapped in their fave color.
I particularly like the way the lace shows up in this color too.   The whole thing is soothing and pretty, if I do say so myself.


 Normally, I would use a bit lighter weight yarn then the Pacific yarn for this shawl for a better drape, but Pacific is washable and to me feels so nice next to the skin.  And if they don't want it wrapped around them, it has a nice feel just to have it your hands to touch.


Question for you readers - do you have a Hospice Home near you?  You may want to inquire about starting a prayer shawl program for them if they don't already have one or joining in if they already have one.  Just putting it out there.

No comments: