Sunday, January 04, 2015

It's A Start

Finished and Blocked for the new year.  It's a good start.

I'm knitting some quick hats for Chris over at Briar Rose Fibers to take to Mexico with her next Month.  This is St. Mungo's Simple Hat, a free pattern and I knit it out of leftovers from my Cusco Jacket out of Wistful.


I still had some of the same color way left so I knit Barley from Tin Can Knits.  Another free pattern.  I like Tin Can Knits free patterns for my beginning knitters, one they are free and the other is they give newbies a little bit of everything to choose from and learn.  I still have some Wistful left, but not enough for another hat, I'll save it for some simple fingerless mitts down the road.


The afghan for my great great nephew is washed and blocked.  I'll package it up and drop over at the sisinlaws this week, so it can be ready for wrapping.


It feels pretty good to have these off my mind for now, even if the two hats were a quick knit.  I've got a pretty good skein left of another color way of Wistful, that I am going to knit another hat up.  Once it is done, I'll get them out in the mail to Chris and move onto goals of my knitting for 2015.

No comments: