Sunday, January 18, 2015

I've Got Nothin

After three weeks, this shawl is not even back to where it was then.  As you may recall, I tore it way back because of a join problem and a blip in an edge that was annoying me.  Tonight, after an afternoon of working on the lace bit and ripping it back, I think I am finally on point with it now.  But sheesh, I'm a fairly decent knitter and this isn't the first time I've knit this pattern. It may be that I have a couple of other knits that are calling me, but I have not succumbed to them yet.  I promised myself that I would concentrate on this one first.


But, I've given it as much time as it is going to get tonight.  I need a diversion.  First, I'm going to get the border stitches done to my Kimono Shawl.  If I get at least that much done, then I can play with the pattern and see if it is something that can be done in public with conversation going on around me.



Lastly, I can knit on my swatch.  I've pretty much narrowed this one down as to what it wants to be.



I'm going to use EPS and knit a pullover and when I get to the top, I think I'm going to convert it over to Kate Davies' Fintry from her latest book Yokes.  I might decide on the cardigan, I'll give that some thought while knitting my swatch.


My watermelon sox need a bit of love (I am finally at the heel), but if I want to have these done by the end of the month, I'd better get a move on.



Since I am off tomorrow (Martin Luther King Day) and I can sleep in tomorrow,  I think I'll pull up something to watch and do a bit of non-pattern, non-lace, non-have to stay focused on anything knitting!

I love Sunday nights when I don't have to work on Monday!

No comments: