Thursday, March 21, 2013

Coming or Going

I swear I am not sure!  It has been a very weird week this week. All the way around.

Then, I get this very bright idea that baby Bella and Mona Lisa need little knitted coats for Easter....you do know that Easter is about a week a way don't you?  But of course.  You know what I'll be doing every waking moment in the next week!


For Baby Bella, it is a combo of  a couple of patterns, but mostly from the Last Minute Baby Cardi.  I just love Patternfish, don't you?  See a pattern, no running out to the shop to find it, just pay for it and print.  If you haven't checked them out you really should!


I'm using a pretty little pink textured yarn, Sirdar Snuggly Chatterbox DK.  Who knows how long I have had it, but it is so squishy and just right for this little number.  Plus it is quick.  After all, how big does a little 6 pound baby sweater have to be.


For Miss Mona Lisa, who by the way is crawling a bit backwards these days, its the Victorian Coat, a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern, also from Patternfish.  You know what I love about this pattern besides being neck down as well?  It is sized from 18 months to 10 years, so in a couple of years, Miss Mona Lisa can have another one.


This one is from Cascade Pacific in some purple that I thought was going to go into a different sweater for her.  This yarn, though had me a bit ticked.  Three knots in about a dozen yards.  Not good or what I wanted to see at all.

I swear that when I am done with these two little numbers that will be all of the baby knitting for a few months...Grandma/Auntie has things of her own to knit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pacific does the knot thing all the time. I always have knots in my skeins. Plus it always splits on me. Still I like of soft and pretty it is.

Penny said...

This is a first for me for so many knots. I had another one this morning, so in a fit, I pulled it out and going to start again...just hate weaving in all those little ends.

Love the softness of it though too.