Friday, March 29, 2013

It's The Weekend!

I am sitting here once again realizing that next year for Easter, I need to be a little more prepared.  Course I said that at Christmas too.  There were so many cute things I had knitted Mona Lisa last month that I really should have saved some for this weekend.  But, at the time I wasn't quite sure how long she would be able to wear them and if we would see them.  But we are, seeing them for just a quick trip home, for about 24 hours, but I'll take them.

The purple coat I was knitting for Mona Lisa from Cascade Pacific went into the garbage.  I had enough of those stupid knots in the skein and tossed it.  Maybe next year out of a better yarn.  I do like Pacific for the softness, but frankly I've had a bit enough of it for a while.  I'll finish my Hoaloha sweater out of it, but after it, I think I am done and will keep looking for a washable worsted yarn.  The quest is on.



In the meantime, it is a drop dead gorgeous day in Central IL.  50 degrees and the sun is shining.



There are still some patches of snow that need to melt, but I am pretty sure that is the end of winter.  At least I am hoping so, cause I put away my two heavy winter coats today.


Time to run, I hear a car pulling up and a baby calling my name.  Have a great weekend all!

No comments: