Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Spring Cleaning Of Sorts

In my mind, when March comes around, it is time for Spring and better weather.  Well, for the second week in a row, we have been smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm.  The good thing is it is going to be short lived, because come this weekend it will be close to 50 and all the snow should be gone!

In the meantime, while I wait for the official Spring to start, I am doing a little Spring Cleaning in the knitting area.  I have pulled out four projects that I am going to give my un-divided attention to for the next four weeks.  I am hoping, come the first of April, they will be finished objects and the needles can be put back into the worm bag.


The first is part of a KAL over on Ravelry in the Knitaway Group.  We are finishing up projects for the month of March and mine is Cheryl's Best Loved Shawl.  Mine is out of Cheryl's yarn, Dancing Colors in Amethyst.  This is a great shawl that I can knit almost anywhere and when done, it is going to make a great shawl for throwing on during the cool Spring nights to come or for working as a layering piece while we wait for warm weather and less layers are needed.


The second is Martin Storey's Capelet out of Cascade's Pastaza.  This is one that has some limited wearing so it really needs to be done like soon, so it can still be worn with a turtleneck for work or play.


Twister is not as urgent, because this is going to be a great number for later in the Spring and early Summer.  I love love the colorway of Linsey and I have the perfect long sleeve t-shirt to wear under it.  Another one of those that can be knitted in public or while watching some good t.v.


And finally, this is my lunchtime project.  It is the Easy Folded Poncho from Berroco Flicker.  There is a little sparkle to the yarn and in that seafoam color.  I'm planning on wearing this all Spring long!

All of my Spring Cleaning Knits are fairly easy to knit on which is great, but I have one that I started earlier this week just to see what the pattern and yarn would do with each other.  It is a fairly easy pattern as well, but still requires to have me keep my wits about it every once in a while.


The yarn was purchased in Janesville with not really too much of a thought as to what it was going to be, but now I might have a plan for it, but we'll see, one never knows.

It feels pretty good to have a plan of where I am going with my knitting for this month.   I heard a great saying today - I may be able to do anything, but I cannot do everything.  That is my motto for the month.

No comments: