Thursday, September 06, 2012

My Olympic Project

My Summer Solstice Sweater is done.  This was my Ravellinics project, but it took me a little longer to finish.  I've been doing some other knitting in between.   I just need to do a bit of blocking on it and it will be good to go for this Fall.  I can hardly wait to be able to wear it.  It is from Wistful from Chris at Briar Roser Fibers.  I just love her yarn and especially Wistful.  It's got alpaca in it, which you know is my fave fiber.

When I first started this sweater, quite frankly, I wasn't sure if it would fit or not.  If I would have enough yarn or not.  I swatched but really did not like the hand of the fabric that I would have had to use to get gauge.  So, I went with the needle I did like the hand of the fabric and made a larger size.

I was pleasently pleased when I had a lot of yarn left and it fits.  Success and a sweater that is going ot feel oh so good to wear.

No comments: