Monday, July 15, 2013

Knit Camp - Shopping

Between the shop set up by Schoolhouse Press and the other vendors on Saturday, I managed to add to my Library and of course the yarn stash.

Meg showed this book on Friday.  Before going to camp the last few weeks, I've been exploring shawls of various shapes and sizes. 

One has been the shetland shawl.  For several years I've loved one that Meg has had at Knit Camp.  It was EZ's Concentric Circles Shetland Shawl.  I bought the exact same color yarn a couple of years ago planning on making my own.  Since then I have added a lovely turquoise one that was to be my camp 
project this year.  I did knit on it a bit, but not as much as I wanted to.

 I thought this was an appropriate purchase given the direction I have been kicking around this summer.


The other book was Stahman's Shawls and Scarves.  I really thought I had this one already, but it was another Faroese type shawl book.  I am really into these Faroese Shawls now that I am back from camp.  I saw quite a few over the weekend and it really has me wanting to cast on one.  They are so practical for keeping warm and you can bet you will see one on me soon.


We always get a tote each year on Thursday night, so I really did not need to buy one, but seriously, how could I not add this one to my collection...


Saturday was vendor day, and I knew going into it that there were two booths that I would shop first.  Turns out they are the only ones I shopped.  What can I say I am a fan.

From Chris at Briar Rose Fibers.  These three beauties are going to be the Brick Road Afghan. More than likely not until later this Summer, but I've been wanting an afghan for sometime of my own.


Another Wistful made it's way home with me.  This one is going to be Ann Hanson's Caissa.  I've wanted to knit it for about a year, but needed a tonal rather than a variegated.  This one is going to be super fantastic with jeans!


You know I would have to add some new yarns to my collection from Cheryl Oberle.  This first one is going to be the Faroette shawl.  It is a new one for me that I have not used before, OM.


This Dancing Colors is green has been on my radar for about a month, since seeing it on Cheryl's website.  One of the Fundamentally Faroese Shawls by Cheryl Oberle is among the shawls that I am looking for it.  All I really knew was that I wanted this green!



And one other OM from Cheryl Oberle.  Well, you know why I bought it, now don't you!?


My mind is just reeling with the possibilities I have to choose from and what to cast on first!




No comments: