Friday, July 05, 2013

There Is Always A First

I was beginning to think my project was doomed!  I had 950 + stitches on the needle.  I had been pushing and shoving checks for a couple of days.  And pop!  The cable came loose from my Knit Picks Harmony needles.  I have never had that happened to me.  My friend, Kendra has a couple of times and I proudly have declared in her presence that I had never had that happen to me and mine.  There is always a first I guess.

I put them onto my Chiagoo Interchangeables and still had problems with pushing and shoving.  I finally figured out that I needed to use two sets of needles and make pretend that they were straight needles.  That seemed to help the 1905 stitches on the needles that I had at the very end.  This would be a first for me.  I don't think I ever  have had that many stitches on my needles ever.


 I am now half way at the cast off of the 1905 stitches and I keep looking down to make sure I am going to have enough yarn to complete the task.  It would not be the first time though that that has happened, but I am fairly certain all is going to be well.


I am excited to finish this shawl.  It has been on the needles since 2010.  And not a first for me to have a WIP that has been on the needles that long.

Next I have to decide what shawl to knit on next from my shawl bag.  But, I will save that for another post as I need to get back to my 900 stitches that need yet to be bound off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had that happen once to my Knit Pick interchangeables. I returned it to The Fiber Universe and they got me a replacement. I had just bought the set though.