Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall for Shawls

It certainly is shawl weather here today!  I cannot believe the change.  I went into work yesterday and it was hot and muggy.  Came home from grocery shopping and it was cooler outside than it was inside with the air on.  This morning is crisp and is barely going to reach 70 degrees.  Now, I know that it isn't going to stay like this, because we will have some warmer temps, but I do believe the really hot stuff is gone!

I had a totally different post for today, but in light of the cool temps and my need/want to be working on some Fall Shawls, I am saving my finished object for tomorrow's post.

Later today, we are heading over to Iowa to see Miss Mona Lisa.  It is going to be a bit cool and I am always cold anyways, so I am going to pull out my Cheryl Oberle Best Loved Shawl to take with me and to wear for most of the weekend.


I did post earlier this Summer that it was the Summer of Shawls here at chez PJKnits.  It was a bit of a fail on the shoulder shawlette front because so many other knits kept making their way to the top of the queue.  I love those shoulder shawlettes for Winter as much as Summer. I wear a ton of them with a basic Evan Picone turtleneck that I bought in every freaking color a few years back.  I still plan on wearing them this year again.

As much as I love the shoulder shawlette, I am totally in love with the bigger shawl!   Thank you Cheryl for turning me onto those! I want something I can wrap my body in or throw over my feet, you know something substantial!  They may not be what I will wear to work, but they are definitely going to be a part of my Fall wardrobe.  As the weeks go by, here on the blog, I'll show you what I am knitting on and what is on my radar for knitting.  Spring is a long way from September, isn't it?!

So, what is first in line? The Scallop Shawl from It Is Always An Adventure in Knitting has been on and off of the needles more times than I can count.



  My local yarn shop Knit 4 Together has one in this exact color that when I get chilly, I throw on. After wearing it so many times, you would think I would just knit the dang thing.  I am sure that is what they are saying when they see me throw it over me!

It has been knitted countless times in all sorts of yarns and this has several possibilities.  Mine, hopefully is going to be a little longer because at the final rip back, I put it on a larger needle.  This is a perfect shawl for keeping warm and because is you want it bigger, you just add more welts to it.


It is going with me to Iowa this weekend in hopes that going to and from, I can get a bit done on it and ready to wear really soon.

And it would be another finished object out of the corner!  I am so excited on the shawls that are yet to come.  Stay tuned for more updates in the weeks to come.  In the meantime, go out and Fall for Shawls!

No comments: