Thursday, September 05, 2013

It Is Still Summer

As can be seen by this darling girl with her sunglasses.  We will be heading over to Iowa next weekend to see them all.  I'll be checking out to see what kind of Fall sweater she is going to be needing!



I am oh so hoping that by the end of this weekend, I have the sleeves on this last Summer sweater finished.  It is taking everything I have to keep knitting on it, and not cast on for something new.  I've switched it up a bit and did moss stitch on both the bottom and the neck edges.  I really like the way it has turned out.  



The pattern has rib and I have done this one before the rib.  I like the way the moss stitch doesn't pull up the band.  I did cast off with a two size larger needle and could have maybe bound off a little looser, but I believe the Boku yarn is going to do a little stretching when it is blocked.


I chose to make my sweater meet a little closer in the front than the actual pattern, because a) those of us with a belly don't necessarily want it to be hanging out there and b) when I have them open like the pattern, I tend to spend a lot of time pulling on it to bring it closer and/or carry something in front of me.

It is going to be so nice to have one more WIP off of the needles, hopefully later this weekend.  And then, no, really, that should be the last of the Summer knitting.

No comments: