Sunday, September 15, 2013

I'm Really Trying

But it is so hard.  I want to knit on just one thing.  I want to finish projects.  I don't want to cast on anything new.  I am trying to knit stash.

And I have been really good on the last one, but the others, there are so many tempting things I want to cast on since coming home from Iowa this weekend and visiting this little precious one.


When we got over there on Friday night, she was walking a bit, holding onto things here and there.  And then last night, she is going like a house a fire, albeit a little wobbly at times, but I think she will be a full fledge walker the next time we see her.  It was so much fun to be a part of that!



When we got there, she was again quite shy of us, but by last night, she was walking up to me while I sat on the floor giving hugs, wet kisses and sitting on my lap so I could read the endless books.  Made my little heart swell and dream of retirement in Iowa, someday!

On the way over I got a lot of knitting done on my Scallop Shawl and it is the only thing I took in the house with me, so I was forced to knit on it when she was napping.


I am changing it up every other pie piece to do stockinette, which means there is a tad bit of purling on it, rather than all garter.  I like the changes, but it really would be faster to do all garter which is another option.  But, for now, I have committed to the stockinette, so this one will go as it is.


I did the spit splice on the join.  I am not really sure that I will continue with that for the next one, may go back to the russian join for the next one.


It is damp and cool in Central IL today, finally we got some rain.  I know that I should be knitting on this shawl, but after a weekend with Mona Lisa, I am anxious to be knitting on something for her for Fall.  Stay tuned!

No comments: