Thursday, September 12, 2013

Now This Is A Catalog

For years I have enjoyed the ads for Bergere de France in knitting magazines.  Their sweaters were so different and so fashion forward.  I tried my best to find shops who carried their stuff that I could actually see, but did not have much luck.

I was so excited when I saw that they had a catalog that you could get for free.  It came today!  I've been waiting and waiting and reading about it!  This is the first time that it has been available to us.


I have had a love of everything French since I was in grade school and had a French pen pal, Martine from Strasbourg.  In high school, I took four years of French and thought that one day I would be a French teacher.  When I was 15, I was lucky that my parents gave me a 6 week trip to Europe in the Summer to study.  The chaperone was my French teacher in high school, Pam Stephens.  I fell even more in love with France, the language, the culture, the clothes, the art.

When I started knitting and dreaming of being a yarn shop owner, I thought a great name for a shop would be La Tricoteuse (the knitting woman).  When it was being published, I loved the magazine Tricoter.  Hey, it was French and it was knitting!

Fast forward to a few years back when I first started seeing the Bergere de France ads and then this catalog.  It is not just a catalog but a book!  I am so excited to have it in  my hot little hands.


Pages with actual yarn samples you can touch and feel and dream about.  A little je ne sais pas!
I am going to grab my cup of chai and have a look see and decide what I just cannot live without.


Did I mention how excited I am!  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kristen Rettig said...

I agree! I have that catalog, best bedtime read in a long time!