Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Conclusions

About a week before Thanksgiving, it seems like Christmas is quite a ways away.  Then all of a sudden, Thanksgiving is here and oy, Christmas is just around the corner.

It becomes way evident to me that if I want to knit things for Christmas, that Thanksgiving is not the time to start!  This year, the twoper scarves kept me a little busy right before Thanksgiving.  Now that Christmas is in sight, I can't help but wish that I had started earlier on my Christmas knitting and had some fun things to blog about.

So, tonight, I am going to pick up the great nephew's top down sweater and knit a bit on it.  Even though we are not getting together with them until New Year's Eve, it may be possible to knit on this to get it to a point where he can try it on and then I can finish the rib.

There are a couple of striping options that I have seen over on Ravelry that I might try out on his sweater.  One has them right at the armpit, the other a combo of thin and chunky stripes towards the bottom of the sweater.

I'm still not sure where I am going with the great niece's sweater.  That may be a between Christmas and New Year's knitting project.

I think for next year, I need to put on my google calendar now, to start my Christmas knitting around October 1st.  When do you start your Christmas knitting?

No comments: