Friday, December 23, 2011

The Second Day of Christmas Vacation

I finished one of my Christmas present sweaters for my great-nephew.  At this posting, I am trying to decide if I need to block Encore?  Thoughts anyone?

Next up, I am trying to decide what to knit for my great-niece from these lovelies.
My nephew's was from Knitting Pure and Simple, and I could use the same pattern for my niece.  I was kind of noodlin with using EPS and just doing a bottom up sweater ala Elizabeth.  The other contender is Playful Stripes from Alana Dakos -Never Not Knitting.

The actual pattern is knitted from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and my yarn is Encore.  At this sitting it will probably be a combo of the two, using the striping and cardigan details from Alan, but using my gauge with Encore to re-work the pattern a bit. 

Good thing I don't have to have these knitted until New Year's Eve.  This will be some good knitting this weekend. 

Today, I am just having a ball.  I'm listening to Podcasts, Knitting Pipeline and 2 Knit Lit Chicks while knitting and wrapping the last of the presents I had to wrap.  While I was dowstairs, our nice neighbors delivered a tin of homemade goodies.  My goal is to limit myself to one goodie a day. 

I can do it!!

No comments: