Sunday, December 30, 2012

Is It Really Sunday, the 30th of December

I have to keep figuring what day/date it is.  Since being off for over a week, it has been really hard to keep track of those pesky things.  I have had a great time off.  The Tall Guy is so supportive of this time off.  He lets me sit around and play on the computer, knit, take a shower when I want, knit and basically do only what I have to.  He is so a keeper.

Generally, I don't do New Year's Resolutions that normal people would do.  I do make a list at the end of the year of all the completed projects in knitting that I have accomplished.  I'll share that list tomorrow on New Year's Eve.


Yesterday, I got my knitting journal out to make the list.  It is kind of fun to see what is in the journal.  I really thought that I would have it full by the end of 2012, but it appears that I will have a few pages left before I start a new one.  I put all my knitting projects in this notebook.  I add yarn pieces and the label from the balls of yarn for future reference.  It has come in handy several times when I didn't have a clue as to what gauge I got with a certain yarn that I wanted to use again.


One of the things that did surprise me from my journal is all of the unfinished projects or also known as WIPS.  Those are all marked by the silver paper clips.  I am not counting them, that would be just too depressing.  I guess I don't need to make any knitting resolutions, you all know what mine "should" be!

I did also make a list of things that are on tap for immediate knitting, of course they include baby knitting.  My niece is having a baby in March and the shower is less than a month away so I have to get a knitting on that afghan for her and a pea pod.  One of the ladies that works with me is going to be a grandma for the first time this spring and I need to knit a peapod for her as well.



Will I ever get back to knitting for me???

No comments: