Friday, December 14, 2012

What Was I Thinkin

It was a great thought that I could blog every day of December, documenting my Christmas knitting.  Until I got so busy knitting that there was not time enough to take pictures and blog about it.  So all of a sudden, it is the end of the week and I have all these pictures of still unfinished knitting.

On the 10th Day of Getting Ready for Christmas -


 I had the day off and my knitting chair reflects just how much I was settled in for a day of knitting.


The yarn room is pretty unkempt too.  Things are just being stacked in there for now until I can get them separated for wrapping.

I did get a fair amount of knitting done on Mona Lisa's stocking.  But, I am sweating the amount of red yarn that I have.

On the 11th day of getting ready for Christmas --


A little more was accomplished on the stocking.


On the 12th of getting ready Christmas--


The heel is taking shape.


On the 13th day of getting ready for Christmas--


 Good friend and knitting buddy, Linda  came through and had skeins of red yarn that matches mine.  We tossed around several options for the end of the stocking and I went home and tossed them all.


On the 14th of getting ready for Christmas--


I have ripped back the stocking yet once again.  I just did not like that little band of green at the top of the heel in the last picture of the stocking.


That is all I managed to complete today.  This stocking has got to be done, blocked and ready to fedex come Monday morning.  I'll be glad when it is done.  It's way past time to be knitting on something else!

No comments: