Sunday, December 16, 2012

On the 16th Day


 Yea!  One stocking finished.  Not my best work, but not bad for a second foray into two colored, two handed knitting.    My reindeer on the left is missing his back hoof and the one on the right seems to be a little pregnant!  Ha!  I did not even see the pregnant one until the wee hours last night.  The hoof I saw the other day, but I WAS not ripping it back.  In the next year, I'm going to go back and do a lining for the stocking, I think I will like it even better then.


I'm going to do more two stranded knitting in the new year, because I really want to perfect it.  It probably would be a good idea to haul out my copy of Meg and Amy's book and study it so I can better don't you think?!


I've recast on Mona Lisa's closet today, so I am off on a new project.  It feels so good to have the stocking done.  Now, I just need to get it ready to pop in the Fed Ex tomorrow.  What a weight has been lifted.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Just do a duplicate stitch on the stocking to create the hoof! It'll take just one little 'v' and you have a hoof!