Friday, December 21, 2012

On the 21st Day

In the wee hours of the morning, I finished the Autumn Frock.  I am kind of pleased with it!


In the wee hours of the morning, I realized I really dislike these old double pointed needles.  I really need to update the size 10s to some Harmony ones.  But, in a pinch these will be fine for now.


I woke up this morning to not as much snow as I thought we might get.  But, the way the sun and shade mix it up on our driveway, it is a little hazardous out there for walking.  So very gingerly, I am walking there these days.  But, I am grateful, we didn't get oodles of snow.


I spent a bit of this afternoon, moving Autumn Frock around on the dining room table so I can get the sun to dry it up a bit after blocking.


It was so nice to see the sun today after the lat couple of days of not.


I casted on this afternoon for the second installment from Mabel's Closet.  This time the Cradle Cardigan.   The realization did set in today that the ensemble will not be ready to go to Iowa on the 27th, so I have toned down my knitting on it a bit.  It will be a nice ensemble for early Spring and I will have a little more time to shop for the right tights and little shirt to go under the jumper.


One of the really cool things I discovered when knitting on the Autumn Frock was that the Sublime yarn sets really well in my Thirty One little bag I bought earlier this Fall.  I originally bought it, thinking it would be good for knitting socks, but I have project bags for those that fit even better than this bag did.  

Tonight, I am swatching a new shawl pattern that Cheryl Oberle gifted us over on her Knitaway blog.  It is going to be just the perfect knitting project for the next couple of days when we are doing family things and to take to Iowa next week.

No comments: