Sunday, December 09, 2012

On the 9th Day of Getting Ready For Christmas

This was a day!  We left this morning at 6:30 a.m. to get over to Iowa.  I pooped tonight, but thank goodness I took tomorrow off.  This seems to be the norm for me when we have been in Iowa.  If we go for a day or a weekend, I like having a day to myself and I am going to need one tomorrow.

 Today, was Mona Lisa's Baptism.  She was so good, despite having the cough left from the croup.  Both Mom and Dad were not feeling the greatest either, but it was a great day.
 It has just been a couple of weeks, but she changes constantly.  It was a hoot to watch her today.  Her little hat was made by her Great Grandma out of a hankie that she can use when she gets married.
I knitted on Mona Lisa's first piece for Mona Lisa's closet, the spring frock.  After seeing her, I think I am going to have to rip this out and start again in a 12-18 months.  I don't think the 9-12 is going to give her much of a wearing life on it.

But wait, before we can proceed with Mona Lisa's Closet, I am going to have to do her stocking.  The poor girl does not have one in Iowa for Santa to fill and time is running out.

While we were in Iowa, we discussed our Christmas and when we could all get to celebrate it with.  It looks like not until January 5th over in Iowa.  Which means  I am not going to need a stocking here for Mona Lisa, so I have a whole year for that one.  And it became very clear that both kids over there need a decent stocking so I am going to embark on two for them for next year at their house.

I will want to coordinate theirs with Mona Lisa's so I am going to spend some time tonight looking at possibilities for stockings this year and next.  Continue with Eli's stocking for Mona Lisa this year or something else?


No comments: