Saturday, December 22, 2012

On the 22nd Day


Who am I kidding?  For me Christmas knitting and getting ready for Christmas is done!  I just have some presents to wrap and then for me it is over.  Done, stick a fork in it.  Let the games begin.

And that means, I am flittin again, casting on and thinking about casting on.  The only problem is I have some time lines, one of which is the end of January, so I really should be working strictly on it.  But, like the diet and the attempt of staying wheat free, I have taken the day off from both of them, just for the day.  Tomorrow, when I get up it is back on the wagon for me.  Until then, all bets are off.


 I cast on two projects.  This little pink number is on a deadline for the end of January.  I have not gotten very far on it,  I think it may be too wide.  Changing the needle size would mean going down below a size 4 and I am not really interested in that.  I may have to re-think the number of stitches to cast on.

 Thanks to Cheryl Oberle, I have cast on yet another shawl.  This one is her gift to us over on her website--  http://www.knitaway-one.blogspot.com  It is her yarn too I have cast on.  It is a take on her original Prairie Shawl which is the very first shawl I ever knitted.  Way before Cheryl and I became friends.  This is going to be my knitting in public project over the next week.  I don't have to pay a whole lot of attention to it while I am knitting.


 This morning, the couch was filled with presents and I managed to condense them all down into these two bags.   We celebrated Christmas today with my husband's family.  It was a very pleasant day.


 Even the kids behaved themselves.  All of them.  We missed having Baby Boy A and Mona Lisa with us, but we collected their presses and will see them later this week when we head over their way.


 These are two of my nieces.  The one on the left is pregnant with her first child and she is the one that I have a deadline for and must get a knitting on some things for her shower at the end of January.


Baby Boy B on the left and my nephew on the right who likes to ham it up.  We got a very nice card from him that brought tears to my eyes. He is his own person, always has been always will be.
He gave us a very nice card that he had written on the inside.  Sometimes, it is the little things that make a present a real present.


No comments: