Monday, March 16, 2015

Mild Weather Knitting

I spent all of the Pipeline Retreat and yesterday working on my Faroese Shawl.  It doesn't look like much for all that time, but when you start with 325+ stitches, it can take up a bit of knitting time.  I worked on it yesterday until I realized I made a mistake in one of the repeats five rows back.  I pulled out just the repeat where the mistake is at (I refuse to rip whole rows of that many stitches)  and I've sat it aside for now.  Later this week when I have a bit more patience, I'll fix the mistake and then continue on.


The rest of yesterday, I spent looking at possible shawl patterns for some Broad  Band Silk that I bought at the shop a few weeks back.  I thought it might be a project that I could work on while out there.  I chose a variation of the Wool Peddler's Shawl.


  I chose a variation of the Wool Peddler's Shawl.  I've knit a couple of these shawls so it was a safe choice.


But, with the mild weather we have had these past few days,  I am all of a sudden chomping at the bit to work on some Spring sweaters.  I think for now, I'll rip this out and set the yarn aside for later in the Summer for Fall for Shawls knitting.

And head into the Spring sweater knitting projects.  Which one though?!

No comments: