Sunday, March 15, 2015

Knitting Pipeline Retreat 2015

What a fun weekend!  Linda and I have went every year.  The Tall Guy asked me what we did at the Retreat?  Just how do you explain that one???  

First off, at the registration desk, we get a new bag every year and the past few years we have gotten a skein or two of Quince and Co yarn.  Paula, the organizer has designed some shawls using Quince and Co so I am going to surmise that is the reason, which seems so generous from a yarn company since there were 150 of us this year.


It was so nice to have a whole table of friends to sit with for the weekend.  There was a whole lot of laughing going on.

We had plenty of snacks to keep us going throughout Friday and Saturday.


And it wasn't just knitting!  You never know what you are going to learn while at retreat.  I gotta buy the Tall Guy one of these!


The vendors on Saturday afternoon were great!  I am a collector of project bags and this one is from the Silver Shed.  What I love about this bag is the batting and the substance to it.  Very well made.  I think I have a little tote bag that she made a couple of years ago that I have next to my chair in the living room.


My first yarn from Leading Men Fiber Arts is fingering weight.  I watch Steve (one of the dyers) and Callie on the Dramatic Knits Podcast and keep up with his yarns on Instagram, but have not had a chance to actually see it in person.  I could not resist this one.  I love this combo of aqua and red.  I do not have a clue what it is going to be yet.


Cause I am a sucker for aqua and turquoise, I had to have this one too.  Callie might have talked me a bit into it.  I am kind of anxious to cast on one of these and see how they feel.


And from Amy Beth of the Fat Squirrel Speaks, another bag.  I keep shoving my shawls into small bags and I was bound and determined to pick up one of hers in a larger size.


From Sun Valley Fibers, a bunch of mini skeins.  They are going to be a color work cowl for next year.    They may also be a part of a Churchmouse Linen Stitch Scarf too.


The base will be this cream which I added to the stash.


It was a great weekend!  The weather cooperated.  The food was so good and I especially appreciated that they accommodated all the many different food preferences. ( I even got to take home a bucket of the Cheeseburger Chowder) The couple of break out sessions I attended were pretty good.  I figure if I get one tip out of something, I feel pretty good.  We celebrated Pi Day with Pi at lunch (I skipped it).  Coffee and water was always available.

There was so much laughing and sharing at our table all weekend long.  There were tons of neat knit items on everyone everywhere and my list of want tos continues to grow.

Paula and all of her help did another wonderful job on the retreat, we got more than our moneys worth this weekend.  Knitters are the best, aren't they!

No comments: