Saturday, July 16, 2005


Sometimes you just have to say enough. I worked on the Incredible Poncho last night. I was going to keep knitting until the end of the 4th ball, which I did. The whole time I have been reknitting this (once before on size 15 needles), I have been telling myself if was not wide enough. But I refused to stop, just telling myself that it is a ribbon and it will stretch.

Last night at the end of ball 4 on 17 needles, I pinned it together, tried it on and said it is just not wide enough (which affects the length of it), but as I stood there looking in the mirror, I realized, making it wider would just do nothing for me. So it was at that time, that I decided sew it up, put the fringe on it and let it be what it is.

Is it a favorite or will it be one I truly love? No, I don't think so, but maybe it will grow on me (something you never want knitted items to do), but when you want them to they don't. I am finished with it, have put it away for now, and am moving on to other things, like my SMW Market Sweater Goal. Sometimes, you just have to move on.

No comments: