Saturday, December 07, 2013

Yarn Over

I spent a super fantastic afternoon with fellow knitters at our first Yarn Over.  Vicki was the hostess with food and drink and a view to die for.  Her decorations for the holiday are unbelievable in every room.  She has a beautiful home and she is such a beautiful woman on the inside and the out.

All of the attendees were asked to bring a dozen cookies to share.  And any yarns, fiber, needles, books  or bags you might want to part with.  They were all laid out on tables downstairs.  Once we had a bit of lunch, we were set loose to take whatever we wanted.  It was quite controlled given some of the cool yarns that were there.

I am most pleased with my score!


Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted - 4 1/2 skeins


Eco Duo - 5 skeins.  I have used this colorway a couple of times for a headband, mittens and scarf and was pleased to score some more.


Sunseeker in red.  I have some skeins in blue and had to have this red.  I am surprised that someone let loose of this one.


Lornas Shepherd Worsted, almost 6 skeins.  Friend Martha had started a sweater so the start was included still on the needles.


I almost bought this book several times so I was most pleased to scarf it up


I own Scarf Style also by Pam Allen and Ann Budd.  This new find has some great wraps in it.


Shetland Lace Knitting charts.  I mean really this one jumped into my hand before I knew what was happening.


And finally, I won a door prize.  I love Sally Goldenbaum's book and am quite pleased to get her holiday book.  I didn't realize that she had wrote for the season.

It was a wonderful afternoon with knitting, food and friends.  Vicki says it will be an annual thing, which is great because we all will have more yarn to part with next year.  Oh, and the cool thing, whatever is left in the yarn department, she will take to the Hospice House so they can make prayer shawls out of.

Now, I just have to decide what to do with all my goodies!

No comments: