Friday, August 02, 2013

August Already

Next week, our new batch of medical students arrive.  How did that happen?!  Where has the Summer gone?

I  know that we will be having really warm weather for at least another two months.  And there is still plenty of time to be wearing some Summer sweaters that are on the needles if I work on them.  But, I really want to cast on a new little shawl.

One that has been on my mind since I saw Sally Rainey knitting on it at Camp was Imagine When.  Of course it didn't hurt that she was knitting it in my color either. Check hers out over at Sally and Susan's blog.


I'm tossin around what I have in my stash that would work for it.  I need more than 500 yards and what I do have is my Zauberball that I bought a week or so ago at the shop.


This was originally bought for the Color of Affection Shawl.  Knit Camper, Renate used Zauberball in red for her  Color of Affection.  I thought it was such a great idea to let the yarn variations do the work. I tried casting it on last week, but I just wasn't in the frame of mind to deal with those pesky make one right and left increases.

I am still dyeing to cast on with my Lost City Knits yarn that I got in the mail a week or so ago.  I just cannot figure out what I want to do with it.  I have been pretty sure that I didn't want a stole type of shawl until tonight at Walmart, when I saw two young gals walking down the aisle in front of me.   The one had a shorts and a little cami top on with a really lovely stole across her back. Was she placed just there at that time for me for inspiration as to what I could do with my 1000 yards?


Denise who dyes the yarn has some lovely patterns I could use, and her latest Flight of the Wild Silk Moths was created for this yarn, but it has nupps and I am not sure I am ready for them yet.  I would certainly entertain your suggestions as to possibilities if you want to leave them in the comments.


No comments: