Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

What a quick and fun weekend!  Saturday, I got to drool over yarns and patterns that my knit friends got at Stitches Midwest.  I was envious of them, but lets face it, I really didn't need to buy any more yarn, and I had a hoot of a time with Miss Mona Lisa.

I had some help on Saturday for picking out what yarns should go with the peapod on the left that I found in the yarn room last week.


I have some leftovers that I can use from the other baby afghan I knitted for my hair dresser on the right.

 I think I am going to use the same pattern as I did for her.  It was fun to watch the colors evolve and a pretty quick knit.  The new one is for one of the guys I work with. I normally don't put this much work into stuff for co-workers (unless they are real friends)  He is going to be a grandpa for the first time and for some reason, I just feel like this is something I want to do.

On yesterday's blog, I said I was going into the yarn room to look at some patterns for my Lost City Knits Silk.  That didn't happen. Tonight, I happened upon Girasole.  I think this might be in contention.  It is very pi like and has been on my radar for some time.

 I am not making any rash decisions at the moment, as I still have my big pi to finish before embarking on a new one.

I did cast on what I think will be my last Summer Sweater for 2013.  I am hopeful to have this Casual T-Shirt finished by the end of this week.  I am getting a little antsy to work on some Fall stuff which includes some September Shawls (since the Summer of Shawls was a great idea, but not great on execution).


The weekend buzzed by and Monday came too soon, but if all of the days go by as fast as today did, we will be having a weekend before we know it...and a three day weekend in just a couple of short weeks!


No comments: