Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Technical Tuesday

This is a SSK.  A SSK is a left slanting decrease.  


Years ago, I used to have a lot of problems figuring out if a SSK was left or right slanting.  Then, a teacher at some knitting event explained it so well that I have not had forgotten.  The S has a \ as part of the formation of the letter.  The \ slants to the left, hence SSK slants to the left.  Amazing!

So the opposite would be true of K2tog.  It would be a right slanting decrease because the 2 has a / as part of the formation of the number 2.  And the bar in the number 2 slants to the right.



Simply amazing and I have used it ever since, just wish I could remember which teacher said that.  It was worth the whole class whomever it was.

1 comment:

Kristen Rettig said...

Excellent, thank you for sharing. Now I can finally get it in my head too, hopefully!